Arrived at Care and Share

Arrived at Care and Share

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Butterfly HIll

Dear friends and family,
What a day!  We started out this morning with our children and went and visited Butterfly Hill.  It is absolute paradise.  We've had our children here at Daddy's home since we arrived in Vijayawada on Tuesday.  They are incredible and have unbelievable and manners and respect and love for us.  
We have taken the 158 school shopping and tomorrow morning we will take the 167 school shopping.  It is so much fun but lots of work to shop for 100 children.  
V and E, I had asked if Jaswanthi could spend the weekend with us as well as my sisters Thriveni.  Thriveni ended up in the hospital with a serious infection in her eye and it was a blessing that we had her here at Daddy's home so that she could get help right away. Jaswanthi is one of the sweetest girls we've ever met.  I was telling her about you V and E and said that you have two dogs and she said yes yes Duncan and Guffman.  She loved your gifts so much.
Tonight, we had to bring the kids back to school.  We totally feel like our hearts were ripped right out of our chests.  
Yesterday, we were able to go visit Rajesh's home.  He had all of the things we sent him on his shelf in his 2 room 8X12 home that his family struggles to pay the $300 yearly rent.

I better go,
talk to you soon,
Lori and the rest

12 comments:

joelee said...

Happy Birthday Amy. I hope that you are having the most spectular B-day of your life. The kids and I are fine and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Joe, Elise, Emma, Kaya, Jasper

p.s. Jake and Truman are with us this weekend and we are all having a good time.

ShaZah said...

Dear Lori - Thank you so much for calling me today.. It is amazing that we could talk over the internet. I left Mr. Groovy a voicemail with your message, and called our brother and the others to give them an update on you. I am so happy that Thriveni was with you ladies when she needed care with her eye infection. Thank God! Happy Traveling, Stay Healthy.. and remember when your having a hard time saying goodbye in India that we need you here too. See you in a couple weeks ! Love ShaZah

ShaZah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!
LOVE SHAZAH !!

I'll never forget your birthday, it's my oldest son's birthday today too.

-V- said...

Thank you so much for the update, dear friend - I'm so thankful you were able to spend time with Jaswanthi too...

Amy - what a profound birthday you are having this year! Love you and looking forward to reconnecting when you get back. The time is flying!

Kelly said...

Dear Lori, thinking of you and hoping you are have a wondeful experience. I know the children are so lucky to have YOU. I love reading and following the blog, I find myself checking it several wimes a day. You are such a brave person and truly make the Difference!,,,Your friend, Kelly

groovy said...

hi Mom
It's Curtis I hope your having a great trip. We are doing fine here. i'm having a lot of fun with Jake and Truman. I hope your having a great time with Sunetha and Rajese. Can't wait for you to get home.
Love,Curtis

groovy said...

Hi mom,this is kavya and i hope your doing great. i miss you so much and say hi for me to annie and amy. hows the kids in india doing? please write soon. kanjir really misses you too. he is sleeping with me every night and he loves it. on Friday, in phy ed we played kickball and I ran to second base but someone step on my foot. i was totally ok. anyway we won 14-7.
please write again soon,
Kavya

groovy said...

Hi Lori,
It's Sunday evening. It was a pleasant day here. I picked up Curtis at Boy Scout camp and we went to church. Stayed at home the rest of the day. We enjoyed your last post. Glad to hear that the trip is going very well. We all look forward to seeing you later this week.
Love Jim

joelee said...

Amy, It was wonderful to talk with you this morning (for me). It will be great to see you soon. Travel safe and enjoy the ride.

JOE

Kara Jo said...

Tell Annie God is looking out for her boys in lots of little ways. Truman seemed a little nervous to go to Lifeshaping class on Sunday. But just as he was about to go in Abby showed up and they went together. When I came to pick Abby up, Trumy was sitting next to her at the table, highly involved in the activities and seemed to be enjoying himself.

And we got to sit by Jacob in the service--and Jay & Ethan got to come and sit right by him, too. :)

LOL to you ladies!!!

Kara Jo said...

Happy Birthday Amy--what a way to spend a birthday!!!

Iver's said...

Dear Lori~
It is so exciting to watch you ladies give in this way! May God keep you safe!
Please give Sirisha a hug from us and tell her we think she is BEAUTIFUL!
Can't wait to hear your stories and see your pictures!

Love Ya~ Rod, Cheryl, Chantel & Hunter and guess what we got Reggie! I think we might keep him! haha Shazah.... XXXOOO